<Announce> Hold the Date: CARLI Streaming Video Symposium - July 22nd
clarage at uillinois.edu
Thu Apr 29 21:40:40 CDT 2010
Please hold the date July 22nd for the CARLI Streaming Video Symposium. This program will be held at Parkland College in Champaign.
Does your library support video for instruction use? Is your library moving from using the physical media of VHS tapes and DVDs to Streaming Video? This symposium will bring together presentations on many aspects of providing Streaming Video, including a keynote that will frame the issues involved in providing Streaming Video, panel discussions with examples of implementing Streaming Video within a community college as well as a university setting, and the opportunity to learn about specific streaming video products.
Topics that will be covered:
* Acquisitions & Licensing - including the "Digital Millennium Copyright Act" (DMCA) and the "Technology, Education, and Copyright Harmonization Act" (TEACH Act)
* Cataloging - how institutions are presenting these materials to their users
* Free Resources - video that is free to use, going beyond YouTube
* Partnering with Media and IT departments - delivery of video to both on campus and distance learners
* Vendor chats - demonstrations as well as information on content, cost, licensing, and technical specifications
This program is provided free for CARLI members with funding by the CARLI Program Planning Committee and sponsored by the Collections and E-Resources Working Groups.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Announce